I don’t know about all of you, but I CANNOT wait to go home for my thanksgiving feast. I am so grateful that my parents are at home, excited to cook a meal for me. However, even though I know my parents are so willing to cook for me, it doesn’t mean that I can’t help them out! Here are 5 college-kid-friendly recipes to help you achieve that delicious Thanksgiving feast.
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- If there’s one thing you can’t mess up trying to make as a college student are mashed potatoes… right? Creamy, garlic-y , and absolutely delicious, you can make your very own batch of heaven with the recipe here.
- Buffalo Brussel Sprouts
- This recipe is vegetarian-friendly! Don’t worry meat-lovers. These deep fried brussel sprouts are so tasty — especially with buffalo sauce — that you won’t be missing the meat! You can make these lil’ dippers here.
- Green Bean Casserole
I have always loved green beans and this dish will help me get my fix this holiday season. If you don’t like veggies, I still highly encourage you to try this dish! They’re doused in butter and cheese and topped with crispy onion rings. Yum!
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
There’s nothing like a perfect pecan pie. But with this recipe, you can now make it even more perfect with your two favorite, college-necessary favorites — booze and pie.
- Spiced Pumpkin Latte Cheesecake
- Look no further — heaven has made its way down to earth. Dig into your inner basic self and scream with joy! Now you can enjoy a delicious fuse of your PSL and a smooth slice of cheesecake with this recipe.
I hope everyone’s Thanksgiving feasts are absolutely delicious and relaxing. Good luck and enjoy!