The Top 10 Reasons Why You Feel Completely and Utterly Burnt Out at This Time of Year.
We’ve got less than a month and a half left out of 2013 (first of all, what? how did that happen). But it’s not just the lame old months of, say, March and April that we have left (sorry to all you March and April babies), we’re dealing with THE MONTHS.
When I say THE MONTHS, I’m talking about food. Presents. Hot chocolate. Sweaters. Friends. Family. Holiday cheer. Food. More food. Pie.
All of these words amount to nothing else but November’s Thanksgiving and December’s Christmas, Hannukah, and Kwanzaa.
It is arguably (but let’s be honest, not really that arguable) the best time of the year, when responsibilities of school and work diminish in favor of time spent at home, with all the F’s – family, friends, and food.
In light of all this, you’re probably feeling a little worn out. School is taking a toll, and if you have to do one more problem set, write one more essay, or take one more midterm (the biggest lie in all of college – who counts 5 different times of the semester “mid” term?) you’ll spontaneously combust.
I’m here to tell you that you’re not alone. Here are the answers to all your questions of “why am I so unmotivated?” and “why is it that I’m not getting any work done?”
1. You’re scanning Facebook and you notice friends from schools like UGA or Colgate are already home and TORTURING you with photos of your favorite spots at home. Please, rub it in more friends.
2. Yogurtland’s iPhone app keeps distracting you as you incessantly check the flavors to see if Pumpkin Pie is still an option.
3. Pumpkin Pie is still an option. So you go get some. (refer to number 2).
4. You really can’t eat another SoupCo Soup or Smart Alec’s salad and the thought of either the former or latter sounds revolting in comparison to the turkey and mashed potatoes that await you on Thursday night.
5. Miley Cyrus keeps doing bizarre things to her hair, and you can’t help but be intrigued that she went a couple days with invisible eyebrows.
6. Buzzfeed. Need I really say more?
7. You found out that Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are back together and all your Notebook dreams and fantasies are coming true. So how can you even get to that statistics homework amidst your room full of empty tissue boxes?
8. It’s so cold that all you really want to do is wear 12 jackets, drink hot chocolate, and watch a movie with friends. That essay can really wait.
9. Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Vine, Pinterest. A 5 minute break turns into 10…turns into 20…
10. 29 Days til Christmas.
You’re not alone, friends. Keep plugging through – the end is in sight!